Inserting PDFs

02-19-2020 02:31 PM
BrianE1
Occasional Contributor

Is there a way to incorporate PDFs (single page and multipage)?

If not, it would be a great enhancement

9 Replies
MatthiasDufour
New Contributor III

I tried different solutions, but unable to view a PDF with ArcGIS Experience Builder.
An iframe in Feature Info widget or a link in Embed widget does not work ...
If anyone knows a solution, I'm interested

0 Kudos
BrianE1
Occasional Contributor

I tried those as well and it didn't work for me.

Where do log "Ideas" for Experience Builder?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can add your idea in ArcGIS Ideas here in the community. If you've not created an idea before then this document might be helpful https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-8266-submitting-a-new-idea . 

To categorize it for ArcGIS Experience Builder just select that category item from the list when creating your new idea. Hope this is helpful. 

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

PDF in Experience Builder

Hi Brian and Matthias,

You can view a PDF from Feature Info if it is stored as an attachment. Another option is to use the button widget and link it to the PDF with the URL. I am curious to hear what are your requirements for PDF?

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
SIG1SMAAG
New Contributor II

Hi David,

My pdf files are not stored under AGOL.
Here is a video of what I would like to do with Experience Builder.
With the Beta, I used an iframe code contained in a field.
But if it were possible to put the URL of a PDF file in the Embed widget, it would be easier.

Matthias

BrianE1
Occasional Contributor

I am trying a similar thing as Matthias.  I have multi-page PDFs that are specific to each panel/entry. Would be great if the user had the ability to have the PDFs open up within the app rather than a new tab. Attached is a clip from something else that we created (not in Experience Builder)  

0 Kudos
DavidCook2
New Contributor III

this is possible... some googling may lead you to PDF hosting sites where the URL and HTML code work in the experience builder. I don't know why some sites are prevented from this functionality while others work. I couldn't even add a google sites page as an imbedded url. i think its odd that the PDF and Web site imbedding is allowed with the story builder apps but not in the same way with Experience Builder. I am trying to persuade our team to use Experience Builder rather than WIX for some project overviews. luckily i have found a solution (hopefully not short term) that will keep the team from jummping ship on me...

DavidCook2
New Contributor III

the website is called https://www.docdroid.net/
the free version works OK, but the adds for anime/henti may be enough to spring for the paid version

you can also use O365 Sway to embed into the EB. if PDF formatting is important consider inserting a download link to the PDF from a document library in sharepoint. This all depends on global admin sharing policies.

AvaPatterson
New Contributor III

I'm trying to figure out how to do this with ArcGIS Portal. I tested adding a pdf document to the site and sharing to public but it still gets blocked by both Chrome and Edge, even after downloading recommended browser extensions. However, when I test the same thing on AGOL, the embedded pdf loads on experience builder just fine. Is it something I'm missing here? 

0 Kudos