Incompatibility between Map and List/Filter Widget Actions

08-19-2022 03:34 PM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm building an Experience using the "JewelryBox" template and have run into some issues with Actions. Basically, if I set an Extent Change trigger within the Map Widget to filter data records in the Framework, any Filtering widgets that I've placed elsewhere in the Experience that act upon the map (either the standalone Filter Widget or the filter tool within the List Widget) fail. The mechanism of failure is as follows: if I go into Live View/Preview and try to use any of the end-user filter dropdowns (they're all set up as "Ask for Values"), no attributes show up within the filter dropdown and instead I am confronted with an infinite spinning loading wheel.

Concurrently and seemingly directly related, I'm having an issue where the map fails to load features when I zoom out to different extents in a somewhat buggy/unpredictable way.

All of these issues cease when I remove the Map Widget action.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and I apologize for how confusing this must sound! It is rather difficult to describe ExB bugs over text.

Cheers

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User - based on your description, it seems like a data-side issue: "the map fails to load features" & "infinite spinning loading wheel". Is it possible to share the data/app with us to take a look? You can DM me or go to Esri Support if your data is sensitive, and the analyst will help you build a reproducible case for us.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tonghui!

Thank you for reaching out. I can't find a separate direct messaging function on this forum but here are the links to my app and associated web map. Let me know if  this works for you or if I need to adjust the sharing settings.

Thanks,

Jake

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, I cannot have permission to access either of them...

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tonghui,

Sorry for the difficulty. I don't have full administrator privileges so will be unable to share the contents at this time. Someone else in my group took the same data that I was using that was based on our own server and made a Hosted Feature Layer- that actually seemed to fix most of our issues, though not all of them (attributes could load in the filters but the map was still having a hard time updating when zooming out).

I think we are going to abandon this issue for the moment (it's not critical to the functionality of our products) but may revisit the issue with Esri at a later date.

Thank you for your time!