Select to view content in your preferred language

How to search all data in a polygon

12-11-2023 04:04 PM
mtuffy
by
Emerging Contributor

Hi community. 

I am not new to ArcGIS Online apps, but I am brand new to Experience Builder, so I do apologise if this is an easy question, or one that has been answered before. I have done lots of research and study on the app but still having some issues, or knowledge of what I want to do is possible. 

So, I have a map that contains multiple layers. One layer is polygons, everything else is different data. 

I want users to be able to search for a polygon location, and once found, the map zooms to the polygon (steps that I have already completed), but I want all the other associated data that can be found in the polygon to appear, so that users can see all the different types of data that fall within that searched polygon. 

Is this possible? I have played with the Query widget, search widget, and lists etc but can't figure it out yet. I'll keep doing my research, but if anyone has some simple steps to completing this, I would be very grateful 🙂

Thanks,
Matt.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

@AzizaParveen1 I think I may have confused Near Me with the Query Widget. When I use the Query widget with a search based on a geolocator source, the query is based on the centroid rather than the outline of the polygon.

I don't have a specific problem like this. I was just looking for clarification on how the tools work. Thank you.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

No worries at all. tagging @WeiYing1 , she might be able to help with the Query widget question. 

0 Kudos
mtuffy
by
Emerging Contributor

Hi AzizaParveen1

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for the lateness of mine. It has been so busy here that I completely forgot to come back and check for responses! whoops!

Anyway thanks for the information; I will check out the link you provided and see if I can incorporate that into my work and see if it works. I'll try to keep you up to date with how i go!

Thanks again,

Matt.

mtuffy
by
Emerging Contributor

Hi AzizaParveen1,

Just letting you know this worked perfectly! I managed to create a Near Me and Search widget that work together. So when the user searches for a location in the Search widget, it will zoom to that polygon/location and all the data found within that polygon displays in the Near Me widget section. Thankyou for sending that link! It was a lot of help!

Now I'm working on trying to create statistics for the results (how much of the data/layers fall within the searched polygon) haha so more research and fun for me 🙂

Thanks again for your help,

Matt.

0 Kudos