Select to view content in your preferred language

How to edit the Timeline in the Experience Builder

01-12-2024 02:33 AM
Labels (1)
Renata
by
Emerging Contributor

Would anyone know if it is possible to edit the timeline to only show the years corresponding to the years in the data? My layer has only 4 unique times (2010, 2013, 2016 and 2020), so I would like to show just the correspondent years in the Timeline. As you can see in the print below, there are other years appearing. I am working on the Experience Builder app.

Additionally, I would like to remove the date and time at the top of the Timeline: 1/1/2010 12:00:00 AM - 1/10/2012 7:15:15 AM

Renata_0-1705055140132.png

Thanks,

Renata

3 Replies
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

You might wanna look into the Slider template of Instant Apps as it might be able to help you with this. You can then bring in the app as an iframe to Experience Builder.

Question | Analyze | Visualize
0 Kudos
Renata
by
Emerging Contributor

Thank you for your answer.

I will have a look on Time Slider configurations at Instant Apps to check if it offers the changes I want to implement.

0 Kudos
CherieBryant
Occasional Contributor

The other option that might help, if you're still working on this, is to drop the Timeline widget altogether and make a view for each year using the Section/Views Navigation widget. 

I am working with a similar issue. My data has year-only values covering 2011-2023. The full date/time/hour/minute at the top of the widget is is confusing for users & takes up valuable screen real estate. 

It also defaults back to 12/31 of the the year before my first year of data & shows 2010 on the first slide tick instead of 2011 - also confusing to users - and 2 years worth of data show in all my related widgets. If I set the start date to 1/1/2011 in settings, it cuts off the first year of my data. While MapView also defaults back to a 12/31/2010 start in settings, it does show 2011 in the slider but still shows 2 years worth of features in the popups. Maybe I'm just missing something.

Hopefully when the Timeline widget is refined it offers options to simplify annual-only data display.