How to change default docked popup location in Experience Builder

Jump to solution
03-14-2021 08:33 PM
AndyHodren1
New Contributor II

Experience Builder Version: 1.2 (running on ArcGIS Enterprise)

Is it possible to change the default location for docked popups in experience builder?  The experience I am building defaults to the top-right of the screen which obstructs other tools.

Undocked:

AndyHodren1_0-1615779161455.png

Docked:

AndyHodren1_1-1615779178099.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

It is possible, but you need to modify the map widget code. You will need to make a copy of the map widget and place it in your extensions folder if you plan to modify it. In the mapbase.tsx file located under copiedmapwidget/src/runtime/components there are two functions for the view, initMapView and initSceneView. You could add the dockOptions object and position property to change the position in the view.  For example, 

mapViewOption = {
map: tempWebmap,
popup: {
dockOptions: {
position: 'bottom-left'
}
},
container: this.mapContainer
};

Cheers,

David

View solution in original post

15 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

It is possible, but you need to modify the map widget code. You will need to make a copy of the map widget and place it in your extensions folder if you plan to modify it. In the mapbase.tsx file located under copiedmapwidget/src/runtime/components there are two functions for the view, initMapView and initSceneView. You could add the dockOptions object and position property to change the position in the view.  For example, 

mapViewOption = {
map: tempWebmap,
popup: {
dockOptions: {
position: 'bottom-left'
}
},
container: this.mapContainer
};

Cheers,

David
AndyHodren1
New Contributor II

Awesome thank you David!

0 Kudos
williamsonsa_fultonhogan
New Contributor III

Hi @DavidMartinez,

Is it possible to achieve this same result in ArcGIS Online Experience Builder? The issue remains in ArcGIS Online where a docked pop-up in the right hand corner will obscure tools, and there is no option to configure default pop-up location.

Please let me know if I should submit this as an Idea.

Cheers,

Sam

Geraldine
New Contributor III

Indeed. Pity that the dock position can't be changed to e.g. lower right corner. OR allow to move the position of the standard Search window, because it interferes with the docked popup. I am aware of the Search widget, but it is not as neat as the standard Search window.

Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

We second this request. Is there any update on this @Jianxia ?

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@Amanda__Huber Could you please submit an enhancement request to Esri Support? Currently the popup is handled by Map Viewer.

0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

@Jianxia this is good to know, thanks for the additional information. I

'll submit an enhancement request. 

Best, 

Amanda

Thomas1
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Jianxia and @Amanda__Huber

What is the status with the enhancement? 

Jianxia wrote "Currently the popup is handled by Map Viewer." Can't ExB use the configuration from Map Viewer? Now if I save  the Map Viewer with docked popups it won't be docked in ExB. 

0 Kudos
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

I would like to voice my support for this enhancement. Is there a way I can add my voice to that request? It would be really helpful, especially since the map viewer tools can't be moved.