Select to view content in your preferred language

How do I show multiple selections from survey results inside a report using a single dynamic text per question

a month ago
Chrystiana_chf
New Contributor

Hello Everyone,

How do I show multiple selections from my survey results to only be in one dynamic text inside my template? For example, if I have multiple selections made and each selection is a different attribute, but I want all the attributes listed under the same field to be in one dynamic text- how would I get all my selections to show in that one text? Currently if I have multiple selections and my selected attributes are "Road", "Sidewalk", Bike Lane" and they are all under ${Type} field how can I get them to be listed in my report in one single line rather than it giving me 3 different pages with the same information repeated three times.

I want my report to show this:

Template: The type of transportation in this town are ${Type}.

Ideal Output: The type of transportation in this town are Road, Sidewalk, Bike Lane.

What it is currently showing me:

Template: The type of transportation in this town are ${Type}.

Current Output: 

The type of transportation in this town are Road.

next page

The type of transportation in this town are Sidewalk.

next page

The type of transportation in this town are Bike Lane.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!! 🙂

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @Chrystiana_chf ,

Sorry for the late reply. Here are a few solutions to achieve what you need, and I attached my template to this reply as well.

Ruth_JiatengXu_2-1721903811944.png

Short explanation:

• Use $<$summary>$</> to generate summary with multiple selections from survey results

• ${#survey }...${/} is used to print out all the selected records in the survey layer. Your layer name might be different from mine, please replace it with your layer name which can be found on the quick reference page

Ruth_JiatengXu_3-1721904556929.png

You can reference doc to learn more syntax: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/browser/analyze-results/featurereportqueries.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_9...

Please feel free to let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos