Select to view content in your preferred language

How Do I Apply different filters to same data on multiple Experience Builder pages

Thursday
SunniBoulton
New Contributor III

Dear Community

I have an Experience with

- multiple pages, each page showing a different geographic extent (I have 5 pages to set up)

- one data set, that is used throughout the multiple pages

- a List on each page, aiming to display attributes from the dataset that have been filtered to this geographic extent. 

My data has a field called "Map Extent" that relates to each of the 5 pages (They are Port Macquarie, North Shore, Wauchope etc).  I need each Page to return attributes (from this one data set) unique to that geographic area.

The problem is this:

On each page, I bring in a new Filter Widget and create an automatic filter, based on the map Extent attribute (e.g. "Map Extent" IS "North Shore")

When I set just one page, it works perfectly, the List widget returning results that are unique to that map extent (see attachment North Shore Page 1).

However, when I bring in a new Filter Widget and set it up for a second map extent /page, gives me a "No Data" message (see attachment Wauchope Page 2). It seems the first filter carries through to the other page and affects the results. 

How can I set a unique filter for each page, so it doesn't affect all the other pages?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

This is what Data Views are for. Data Views are independent slices of your total dataset. You should set up a Data View for each page of your application. 

Click the stacked circles on the left of the screen to open the Data Sidebar. Then click on your data and go to Create A View. 

JeffreyThompson2_1-1719491083455.png

Create a SQL query with all of your data. OBJECTID is not blank will work. You'll probably want to give each View a distinct name to match what page they are used on. You can click the pencil in the header to rename. Repeat and make a Data View for each page.

JeffreyThompson2_0-1719490783675.png

When selecting data for a widget use the dropdown menu to find the correct Data View. (You can also set up your Data Views from this menu.)

JeffreyThompson2_2-1719491461650.png

Each page should now act independently.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas