Select to view content in your preferred language

HELP! Error Message "Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'type')"

Jump to solution
10-18-2022 10:16 PM
OLIVIALUNSFORD
Emerging Contributor

Help! I have been working on this for the last week and I went to complete my home page for the experience today and this happened. I now can't see my pages in the Contents pane, and I can't edit this one with the Contents Pane editor options. I'm freaking out... what do I do? I have a presentation next Wednesday and was hoping to showcase this. 

OLIVIALUNSFORD_0-1666156472221.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @OLIVIALUNSFORD -

After checking, the widget causing the problem has been identified, but we are not sure what configurations had been done prior to this - it is quite weird and probably needs certain specific pre-steps.

The good news is - there is a way for you to resolve this issue on your end.

1. In the builder canvas, select 'Card 2', and then delete it:

TonghuiMing_1-1666172025818.png

2. Save the app and then refresh the browser. It should look fine now.

All you have to do now is to add another Card widget as a replacement and continue building the app.

Thank you,

Tonghui

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Is it possible to share your app in some way for us to take a look?

OLIVIALUNSFORD
Emerging Contributor

Here is the experience. I was working on the "Need To Know" Page when this happened. I was going to implement hover cards with descriptions for project phases that the user will see on the second page. 

But I literally can't even access the Pages section of ExB to delete or add Pages anymore. I was going to delete this one and just start over because of the error, but there's no way to back track. 

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/c0c1005cec73457196d5c2b665d134f6/page/Need-to-Know/?draft=t...

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

I cannot access it unfortunately

0 Kudos
OLIVIALUNSFORD
Emerging Contributor

Sorry - give it a try now. 

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

I can see it now and we will take a look at it. In the meantime, it would be helpful if no further savings are done. Thanks for bringing it up.

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @OLIVIALUNSFORD -

After checking, the widget causing the problem has been identified, but we are not sure what configurations had been done prior to this - it is quite weird and probably needs certain specific pre-steps.

The good news is - there is a way for you to resolve this issue on your end.

1. In the builder canvas, select 'Card 2', and then delete it:

TonghuiMing_1-1666172025818.png

2. Save the app and then refresh the browser. It should look fine now.

All you have to do now is to add another Card widget as a replacement and continue building the app.

Thank you,

Tonghui

0 Kudos
OLIVIALUNSFORD
Emerging Contributor

That worked! THANK YOU! 

Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I am having this issue with the search widget - after it was previously working. When I try to add an action is pops  up with that error. 

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@Laura Which environment and version are you using? If it's AGOL, can you share the app with us to take a look at? Thanks.

0 Kudos