Select to view content in your preferred language

Find record base on criteria

05-29-2024 09:09 AM
Labels (1)
MattSully
Occasional Contributor

What I need to do is to display a map of planning applications base upon some criteria.

So for example, if we have a planning application with reference 

app_no

6/19/94/102

app_no is the column name

6/19/94/102 is the planning application reference number
Can I just display this record with the surrounding basemap from a predefined Webmap.

I have set up a planning webmap and the associated layer.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/f8e80d041d254e7a8eb21b7242214e98#data_s=id%3AdataSource_1-1...

This is for that particular planning application.  Is there any code I can put with this to zoom to that particular application?

Would it then be a question of putting another column in the layer that is the link to the locations of these individual planning applications.

Not sure if I am explaining this very well.

Many thanks

Matt

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Is app_no part of a point or polygon feature layer in the web map? If so then you can add app_no to a "search bar" widget and so when a user types "6/19/94/102" in the search bar, it will zoom (for this you will have to adjust trigger/actions of the search bar accordingly) to that application on the map.

You can also do the same I guess by using a filter widget on app_no

Question | Analyze | Visualize
0 Kudos
MattSully
Occasional Contributor

I take your point yes I could do this, which would work.  What I am after is that in the url it zooms automatically to the feature "6/19/94/102"

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/f8e80d041d254e7a8eb21b7242214e98#data_s=id%3AdataSource_1-1...

Can I add, zoom to in the url.

That's what I need as a solution to my problem.  Yes of course the user could instigate this, but the start destination of the map needs to be the actual feature in question....

Thank you.

Screenshot 6.19.94.102.png

0 Kudos