Filter Widget - multiple selection and data filtering in other widgets

04-12-2022 02:34 AM
Ashok
by
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

I am using Filter widget in my application.

Currently I can see there is single value selection and based on selection zooming to particular feature.

But I am looking for following 2 functionalities.

1. Allowing user to select multiple values (more than one). As shown in below picture, I am able to select single value. Need to select multiple. 

Ashok_0-1649755824966.png

2. Triggers/Action - On Filter selection, I would like to filter the data in other widgets like Charts, Table widgets.

Please let us know, if it can be implemented in coming versions. 

Thanks,

Ashok

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Multiple selections are included in the Filter widget and is configured in the SQL Expression.

Just need to pick the "Is any of" option:

RhettZufelt_0-1649777458022.png

Which will give you checkbox's in the filter list:

RhettZufelt_1-1649777490296.png

R_

Ashok
by
New Contributor III

Hi RhettZufelt ,

Thank you. Multiple selection is working.

It would be great, if I get solution for my second concern as well in the above post. 

Thanks,

Ashok

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Record selection change > Filter Data Records is designed to achieve what you want for the second case. See Experience Builder > Message actions for more details.

Since filtering for the data sources is at the framework level, you need to set the actions inside your target widgets separately, such as Chart, and Table like you mentioned.

0 Kudos
Ashok
by
New Contributor III

Dear TonghuiMing,

As I observed, I did not see an option for setting framework level for Filter widget in MessageAction settings.

Please check my Filter widget's Message action setting below.

Ashok_0-1649849482436.png

Note: In my target widgets, I have already set framework level Filter data records has set. 

Thanks,

Ashok

0 Kudos