Filter to update all map layers by common field -similar to Group Filter(WAB)/Dashboard Functionality

03-14-2022 05:37 PM
kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I currently have an EB and I would like to set a filter to select a survey date from a map layer, but have all the map layers update by that same filter.

This is currently possible in WAB with the group filter and in Dashboards with the category selector and then data actions, is this not possible in EB?

It seems like it should be and I hope I'm just missing some widget configurations or other actions to get this functionality.

Thanks in advance!,

Kathy

3 Replies
BlairPellegrino
New Contributor III

Hi Kathy

Did you find a solution to this one?  I'm currently trying to do the same.

Cheers,
Blair

0 Kudos
kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @BlairPellegrino ,

Unfortunately I didn't find a solution for this and consulted with another colleague as well. It seems so strange this functionality isn't there. I ended up embedding a dashboard in an EB page because in Dashboards I can specify multiple layers each to get filtered in the action.  Also a clear filter option would be so nice too in EB.  This post/responses might be useful or of interest:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/clearing-filter-widgets/m-p/100134...

If you figure out this is possible, please let me know. I was hoping in the last update but I didn't see anything for filter or a group filter. Thanks, Kathy

0 Kudos
BlairPellegrino
New Contributor III

Thanks @kmsmikrud - agreed, it seems like an oversight that functionality isn't there yet, especially when dashboards handles common fields so nicely!  Hopefully in future releases!  Until then I'll look at incorporating a dashboard like you suggest.

0 Kudos