Filter data in a ExB Table

10-16-2023 08:00 AM
CMcDonald
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

is it possible within Experience Builder using the Table Widget to filter data?  All I want to do is return records for some matching criteria.

Lets say for example I have a table containing Country names and I want to just show "United Kingdom" in the table then export that table.

Is this achievable?

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

This can be accomplished by combining the Filter and the Table widget. Using a filter in the Filter widget will filter the items in the Table widget and the Table widget supports downloads.

The next edition of Experience Builder that will hit ArcGIS Online by the end of the month may support filtering within the Table widget itself.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
CMcDonald

Thankyou @JeffreyThompson2 I had limited success with the Filter Widget, probably just down to my lack of understanding.

That's good to know that the Filter feature might be coming to a Table shortly, crossing my fingers!

0 Kudos
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Hi @CMcDonald I wanted to let you know that the Table widget now supports the 'Set filter' data action starting from the October 2023 release. You will find the 'Set filter' option in the data action dropdown list of the Table widget, and it is enabled by default. Feel free to give it a try and please let me know if you encounter any issues. Thank you!

Shen Zhang
0 Kudos
CMcDonald

Hi @Shen_Zhang I have carried out some testing and seems pretty useful 🙂  I wish there was a way to have my filters pre-defined so they just had to toggle a box.  My users will be looking to query about 10 separate fields and will contain Yes or No values.  But certainly this is a big help 🙂

Thankyou

0 Kudos