Select to view content in your preferred language

Feature info arcade generated HTML table not respecting font colour

Jump to solution
08-15-2024 06:36 AM
Labels (1)
CameronLacelle
Frequent Contributor

I am working in Experience Builder and using the Feature Info widget to display an HTML table that is built from an arcade script. Normally when I create a pop-up table using Text for the HTML I have the option in the widget to "Respect the Source" in terms of font size, colour, etc. However with the Arcade-generated table I only get the options for Text Size and Colour (text size set to auto which seems to respect what is written in the HTML) and Text Colour which if set to nothing then all text is black regardless of the HTML tags but only for some of the table cells. It doesn't seem consistent at all. I have set the table headings to be white text and all the cells below to be black text. But if I set the text colour to white then the headings and the first column of the table all turn to white text which I don't want. I only want the headings to be white text. No matter how I modify the Arcade and HTML scripts it keeps not respecting what I set the font to. I've attached a screenshot.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CameronLacelle
Frequent Contributor

So if you have an Arcade Script (</> Arcade) as part of the pop-up, if you add that to Experience Builder via the Feature Info widget, you will NOT have the option to "Respect the Source" for the text size and colour. This means that if you use Arcade to generate a dynamic HTML (a table in my case) then it will mess up some of your text colour and/or sizing (it is very inconsistent how it does this, I haven't been able to find a pattern tied to just how exactly it messes up the text colour configured in the HTML). 

However, if you add a Text component to your pop-up (I've dragged mine above the Arcade) and just leave it blank, it somehow tricks the Experience Builder Feature Info widget and you can now choose "Respect the Source" to maintain the custom HTML configured in your Arcade Script.

This is all very confusing and tough to explain, but it is at least a workaround until this is fixed. I do not understand why the widget would respect other components of the pop up but not the arcade script unless you add a token component to "trick" the widget.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CameronLacelle
Frequent Contributor

So if you have an Arcade Script (</> Arcade) as part of the pop-up, if you add that to Experience Builder via the Feature Info widget, you will NOT have the option to "Respect the Source" for the text size and colour. This means that if you use Arcade to generate a dynamic HTML (a table in my case) then it will mess up some of your text colour and/or sizing (it is very inconsistent how it does this, I haven't been able to find a pattern tied to just how exactly it messes up the text colour configured in the HTML). 

However, if you add a Text component to your pop-up (I've dragged mine above the Arcade) and just leave it blank, it somehow tricks the Experience Builder Feature Info widget and you can now choose "Respect the Source" to maintain the custom HTML configured in your Arcade Script.

This is all very confusing and tough to explain, but it is at least a workaround until this is fixed. I do not understand why the widget would respect other components of the pop up but not the arcade script unless you add a token component to "trick" the widget.

0 Kudos