Experienced Builder - Editing Data

04-01-2020 03:17 PM
AllanBenvin_yyc
New Contributor III

So I have been trying out Experience Builder to see what capabilities it has. I wanted to try creating an app that was table focused for editing attributes in a table. I have a List and a Feature Info widget. I use the list to search for the record I want to edit and the Feature Info to display the attributes. Both widgets are pointing to a map service that is editable. I can edit the data just fine in a map viewer. I can't figure out how I can actually edit the attributes in Experience Builder. Is there something I am not doing correctly or can it not edit? Hopefully I'm missing something basic.

Thanks for any help, Al

30 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Al,

Currently, we do not have an editing widget that will allow you to edit a data source. This functionality is something we have on our list of enhancements as we need to support editing not just in the map, but also like you have stated above. 

BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

Looking forward to the Edit widget coming to Experience Builder. It is exciting we can show related tables now in the JS 4 version of the web map pop ups... can we expect the new Edit widget to expand on editing capabilities for related tables as well? Thank you

DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brittany,

We have yet to define the specifications for the editing features. We will certainly add this to our list to research.

Thanks,

David

AdamBenson1
New Contributor

Hello David, 

I was wondering if there has been any progress with regards to editing features using Experience Builder widgets?

Using an Experience Builder web apps to manage and edit rapidly changing data will be an essential feature for my users if we are to migrate to these types of apps over the Web AppBuilder platform. 

Thank you,

Adam

SandraHayden
New Contributor III

@DavidMartinez

I hope that editing capabilities for related tables will be coming soon?

0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi David, 

Our organization is also looking for this functionality. Is there any update for when this will be available?

Thanks!

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know implementing this capability is non-trivial, but I'm just adding to the chorus of folks who would like to see feature service editing available in Experience Builder. 

Matthew_Williams
New Contributor III

Is there any update on this? My organization also needs this feature

RDCOGIS
New Contributor III

okay.... its been over a year, any progress on this?