Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience Builder won't allow users to view

05-20-2024 06:06 AM
Labels (1)
JohnDeLucio1
New Contributor II

Hello,

Recently have went from 10.8 to 11.1 (clean install) and redeployed services to the portal. Developed an Experience Builder application which is open to a specific group based on AD groups and when first launched worked great and users had no issues getting in. I updated the webmap with a new layer, which is shared to the same group and republished the experience and I can still look at the experience fun but everyone else is getting a page that just says "Go To Another Experience". I've unshared, reshared and even now completely republished a brand new experience and am getting the same page for all other users, however I can publish a WebAppBuilder app and users can get in and view it with no problems. Any one had this issue before or could give me some pointers on where to look?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
TimWestern
Occasional Contributor

When you upgraded did you create a a new token to recognize the app in ArcGIS? Could it be cached session tokens from the previous version?

0 Kudos
JohnDeLucio1
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply. No I did a clean install of 11.1, so I completely uninstalled and removed 10.8 and didn't use a backup, installed fully fresh. 

0 Kudos
TimWestern
Occasional Contributor

Are you meaning ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise?  Experience Builder is a web app, through a web interface, the sessions would be kept by the browser, and the tokens, have to exist of experience builder to be able to connect for development, but once its published, the only thing I can think of is if credentials were stored, and now don't match the app due to some kind of internal session or ids.  

0 Kudos
MikeVolz
New Contributor III

Have the other users cleared their browser caches during your troubleshooting?

0 Kudos
JohnDeLucio1
New Contributor II

Yes, multiple users including my test account and still are met with that page while being able to access everything else. 

0 Kudos
JohnDeLucio1
New Contributor II

I had ArcGIS Enterprise (Server, Portal, Datastore, etc.) previously installed version 8.1. I completely uninstalled, removing all registry, stale folders, etc. I did a full install of ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 (Server, Portal, Datastore, etc.) I'm using Experience Builder that is built into Portal and not the developer version. Even restarting the hosting server, clearing cache and all data on the users end will not allow the users to view it however if going directly to the webmap or a WAB app with the same data users can view it without issue. 

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @JohnDeLucio1 ,

Thanks for your feedback! Sorry to hear about the failure accessing the ExB app. 
Do the group member ExB editing permission? 
Could you help check something to help us investigate? 
1. Try create a ExB app without any datasource (e.g. empty or just with text). Share it to the same group above and see group member can access it (try both view or edit).
2. Try to share the ExB app to organization level instead of a group, see if organization member can access it  (try both view or edit).

Thanks,
Wei

0 Kudos
KymMcDonagh
New Contributor II

Hello

I am experiencing this same issue. I can view the data on the server where Arcgis Enterprise is saved but when I share the link to users it cannot be viewed on the desktop. I have tried what you said including creating ExB app without data source and then sharing at an Organisational level but no luck. I am using experience builder built into the portal. No issue with web appbuilder.

Thanks

0 Kudos
KymMcDonagh
New Contributor II

resolved:it was an issue with chrome. When I opened in edge it works fine

0 Kudos