Select to view content in your preferred language

Aligning text blocks in a header panel

Jump to solution
06-07-2024 08:42 AM
Labels (1)
SimonCrutchley
Frequent Contributor

I'm trying to get the various text blocks in the header of my app to align vertically, but without success. I'd be happy for them to align at the bottom, or in the middle, but I just can't get them to work. If I use 'vertical centre' or 'snap to bottom' it seems to take into account the full size of the box and so nothing quite lines up.

What am I doing wrong, or is this another thing that used to be so simple in WAB that now can't be done?

Ta

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

How about using a row widget? Or can you share the app for me to have a look at?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @SimonCrutchley ,

Currently, we have limitations in setting the vertical alignment of text. One solution is to set the text widget to Auto height and use "vertical centering" on the entire widget.

Shengdi

0 Kudos
SimonCrutchley
Frequent Contributor

Hi Shengdi,

Unfortunately, that's what I already tried and it doesn't work. Even though each of the text blocks is set to auto height and vertical centre, they don't line up 😞 

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

How about using a row widget? Or can you share the app for me to have a look at?

SimonCrutchley
Frequent Contributor

Ah, hadn't tried rows; always something new to find in EB 😩

0 Kudos
SimonCrutchley
Frequent Contributor

I also realised that I could just use a single text box and split the bits of text up 🤔. I was used to WAB where you had separate blocks for Title, subtitle etc, but EB doesn't work like that. I still think there should be the option to properly align, just in case you wanted to use an image or some such.