Experience Builder Table Filter By Extent Not Working As Expected.

07-07-2021 08:59 PM
RYANCARL
New Contributor III

Hello all,

Looking for some help understanding the experience builder Table Widget and its ability to filter by extent. I am using the latest developer edition of the Experience Builder with the provided Table Widget.

The filter by extent seems to work out perfectly for some data sources but not others, why is this? I have 2 datasets and one works out as expected but the other doesn't make the table reduce down. 

Would anyone know why this is? 

Attached I have some screen shots showing that the 2 datasets are not functioning the same way. I also have a screen shot showing that the settings are setup for both of them.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TianWen
Esri Contributor

Hello,

To use the "filter by extent" mechanism correctly, you can add an "extent changes" trigger to a map targeting the framework. In the filter data records settings, select the data that is used in a table sheet. Then the sheet will be filtered as the map extent changes.

TianWen_0-1625725609153.png

TianWen_1-1625725971701.png

TianWen_2-1625726180511.png

RYANCARL
New Contributor III

Hi @TianWen ,

Thank you for responding.

I do not have an option for the extent changes on my Experience Builder. I am using the Experience Builder Developer Edition and it is interacting with our ArcGIS Enterprise version 10.8.1. Is that extent option supposed to be there?

The weird thing is I can make one of our datasets filter by extent by setting up the Record Selection Changes, is that supposed to happen?

no-extent.PNG

0 Kudos
TianWen
Esri Contributor

Hi @RYANCARL , the extent changes trigger can be configured in the map widgets action settings rather than the table widget.

0 Kudos