Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience Builder - Something went wrong. Edits could not be saved

10-16-2023 01:25 PM
Labels (1)
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Okay, here's an interesting issue: I have a feature class published to the hosting server, referenced data. It's been around a while, and we use it as an editable layer in a Web AppBuilder app. Recently we migrated it over to Experience Builder. Today an end user pointed out that they were getting an error when trying to edit in the app:

ZachBodenner_0-1697487739299.png

It's not a heavily used app, so I think this might actually be the first time they tried to edit in the ExB version. So the weird thing is, I can make edits in the web map itself, and also in the previous WAB app. I've gone over all the parameters of the edit widget and it's identical to other ExB app edit widgets in our environment that work just fine. Same with the parameters of the service itself (which makes sense, since edits work in the web map). I've tried creating a fresh experience but that didn't work either. 

Enterprise version 11.1

ExB Dev Edition 1.11

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlpineTech
New Contributor III

I'm a developer and this is what I would do: 

1. Copy ESRI's entire widget folder found here ~ArcGISExperienceBuilder\client\dist\widgets\common\edit to here ~ArcGISExperienceBuilder\client\your-extensions\widgets
  2. Delete the "dist" folder in the copied folder
  3. Restart Experience Builder
  4. Expect the Edit widget to appear under the Custom section at the bottom of the widgets panel in the Builder
  5. Drag the widget into a blank app with a simple web map with just the layer you are having problems with. 
  6. Run the app
  7. Open the browsers developer window 
  8. Set a bunch of break points in webpack://exb-client/your-extensions/widgets/edit/src/runtime/widget.tsx

ESRI's widget is using the ArcGIS JavaScript API Widget so it's kind of black box, but you might get some clues and find a way to fix the problem.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks! I've gotten through step 3 but unless I miss something I don't see a custom widgets section. Does it matter much if I'm running this as a windows service as opposed to from the command line? 

0 Kudos
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I'm getting this error in 11.2. Funny thing is I can edit some features in the layer and not others within the same one. Can't seem to figure out why. Tried re-adding it to the widget and that produced the same results. 

0 Kudos