Experience Builder Show Selected Tool - default to ON?

Jump to solution
08-12-2020 03:22 PM
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

I have a list in which I would like to show ONLY the records selected on the map. 

I can add the Show Selected Tool, which lets the user get to that "selected records only" appearance, but is it possible to set the initial state of the tool to "ON", so that only the selected records show?

Or is there some other way to limit the list to what has been selected in the map?

Jay

Jay
Washoe County GIS
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jay,

The select tool has no configurations to open on default out of the box. However, in regards to your second question, what you can do on the map widget, is add a trigger-->Record Selection Changes-->Framework-->Filter Data records. This would allow you to use the select tool to select multiple features. Or if you don't need the select tool you can click a point on the map to show only that record in the list. To unselect, use the clear option for the select tool or click on the map, not on a feature. This will ensure the list and map populates again. 

David

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jay,

The select tool has no configurations to open on default out of the box. However, in regards to your second question, what you can do on the map widget, is add a trigger-->Record Selection Changes-->Framework-->Filter Data records. This would allow you to use the select tool to select multiple features. Or if you don't need the select tool you can click a point on the map to show only that record in the list. To unselect, use the clear option for the select tool or click on the map, not on a feature. This will ensure the list and map populates again. 

David

RichfieldMN
New Contributor II

Any update on this? Thank you!!

JessicaJThompson
Occasional Contributor II

Yes,

I would love to have it on by default, and be able to select which select method is the default.

I would removed steps for my users that have to "select by point" for a workflow. 

AngelaSchirck
Occasional Contributor II

Agreed, most users are going to come in and start clicking on stuff and not know they have to turn the tool on first.  And I would like it to default to point selection not rectangle.