Experience Builder "Views Navigation" widget not working on a windows section

06-07-2021 10:27 AM
JoseBarrios1
Occasional Contributor III

I try to add  a section  with 2  views to a window (splash screen) and the "views navigation" are not linking  to the views.  The dots and arrows do work on the section but not the navigation menu from the "Views Navigation"  widget (see pic).  I was wondering if this is a bug or or if the navigations can not be used within a window? 

expBuilder.png

0 Kudos
8 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This should work just fine, and it's something I use quite often for "guide" style windows. I like to group informational panels by category, like, "how to navigate the map", "how to use the filter widget", etc., and in-window sections are great for this.

LOftJ51wkj.gif

Is there some other element layered over the navigator "blocking" the clicks from hitting the button in the view navigator?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
JoseBarrios1

Hi Josh,

Not sure what I am doing wrong!. It work great on the page...but no on the window. I  try so many time with just a blank window and is like the navigation buttons are "disable". I can't  click on the links. However when I click on the arrows or dots the navigation links react to the views.  I have no other elements on the window and the navigation menu is set to BRING TO FRONT.  Are you using the developer version??? I am just using the AGOL version 

expBuilder2.png

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I typically use the developer version, but in the test I screenshotted above, I was using AGOL. Does it behave any differently in the preview / published view? I have sometimes had things behave differently in the builder, even with "Live Preview" turned on, than when truly published.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
JoseBarrios1

I just check ant the menu only work before is link to open with a page. When I set up the page to open with the window as splash...it get disable!

0 Kudos
JoseBarrios1
0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Interesting! I can confirm, this does not work when the window is acting as a splash screen or opens with a page. It only seems to work when the window opens manually.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jose,

Thanks for pointing this out. I can reproduce this issue and we will look into it.

Shengdi

ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

@JoseBarrios1 

Hi, this bug is fixed in today's update.

0 Kudos