Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience Builder Near Me Widget sometimes Miles and sometimes Kilometers

4 weeks ago
Labels (1)
MaryEllenRosebrough-Gay
New Contributor II

I have an application with the near me widget configured to miles. When I open it on my computer in Chrome, it displays miles, when I open it in Firefox or Edge on the same computer it shows Kilometers as the default measurement. I sent the link to two of my colleagues and we had mixed results. One person showed miles on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. The other person showed Kilometers on Chrome and Edge and it won't open on Firefox (creating map failed error). I tested on a second laptop and got the same results as my first laptop (chrome = miles, firefox = km, edge = km). The person who saw all miles on one computer tested on a second computer and got kilometers. We are all on the same version of Firefox (version 126).

It is a public app and we are not logged in to AGO on Firefox or Edge, but we are each logged in as different people on Chrome.

Is this some sort of browser setting that overrides the default? What could cause experience builder to not obey the setting I defined (miles)?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

The default units in Experience Builder are set by your organization admin in the ArcGIS Online/Enterprise environment.

JeffreyThompson2_0-1715952476916.png

My guess is that since you are logged in when using Chrome it is pulling from your organization defaults, but when you look at the Experience without being logged in, it is pulling the default units from your computer.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
MaryEllenRosebrough-Gay
New Contributor II

Yes, it does seem to be pulling from org defaults when we are logged in. I checked all of my settings on all three browsers and my computer settings, everything is set to US, but is still flips to km. I want it to always pull from the setting I set in experience builder because this is a public app and most users won't have a login and I can't communicate with them to change a browser setting (although I haven't found one they could change that would solve this). I opened a case with Esri. I will post if they have a resolution to this. 

0 Kudos