Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience Builder - List / Map / Search Widget integration assistance

Monday
Labels (1)
MattReeves_SpokaneValley
New Contributor III

I am attempting to put together a new viewer in Experience Builder. It seems like it should be straight forward in concept, but I am having a hard time figuring out how the triggers and actions need to be set up. 

The viewer is a simple parcel viewer that would give a user a list of applicable intersects with pertinent information related to that parcel. Zoning, Voting Precinct, Zip Code, etc. (see attached)

MattReeves_SpokaneValley_0-1719863425369.png

Click on the map, and all of these List elements populate.

Also, the Search widget needs to be integrated into this process, so that if a user types a parcel or address instead of clicking the map, the parcel is selected on the map, and the List is also populated and updated.

I've been able to get the List widget to populate for only 1 layer, but not many. Such that if the Parcel and Zoning layers are on in the WebMap, the parcel and address (same layer) records will populate the list but not the zoning. If the Zoning is on, but not the Parcel layer, the Zoning layer will populate the List widget. (i.e. the map click event is only selecting the top layer) My goal is to set up Triggers and Actions to be able to populate all of the List elements with only having the Parcel layer showing on the map.

All of the features are hosted and are within the WebMap behind the Map widget.

Can someone please help me and provide with an explanation of how the triggers/actions need to be set up to accomplish this? I have experimented with it quite a bit, and I am only getting funky results.

I know I could smash all of these layers together into a single 'query layer', but I am really hoping to not have to do that.

I appreciate any assistance.

Matt Reeves
0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimWestern
Occasional Contributor

I think what you may want to do is publish a separate Feature Service that has all the features you might want to query.  You can still use the map to get the coordinates to get the parcel, and then use its polygon to then see what intersects by doing a 'query' for all the layers.   I am not sure how you are linking your data sources, if you are doing custom widget work, or just using what's out of the box, but I know it can be done provided the geometry can actually be used to find a feature in a given layer.

0 Kudos