Experience Builder: Frustration with selection and lack therefore of

05-12-2023 12:40 PM
Labels (1)
GISDepartmentMFM
New Contributor III

I started learning how to use the experience builder over the past 5 days, I have run into an issue multiple times now where, my current problem is that I have household income data for each zone, I want to set up brackets of 0-50k, 50k-150k, 150k+, I am not on an enterprise account and I cant use any widgets that require a sign in or that use credits as this is for free use by planner. I want to have the user click a bar on a chart which would select each feature that was used to make that bar as seen in the first image, this only partially works, I am able to add a filter to the action tab so that when it changes selection it will highlight the the zones that meet that filter, Great I will just do that for each bar; and it doesn't work, if I add more than one selection filter, or a separate selection with its own filter for the bars, it 1 stops working completely, or 2 it just selects the newest selection filter regardless of the bar I select, I get it to flash when one is selected but they all flash at the same time and at different frequency's, as well as I cant change the flash color. Fine ill use the query tool, I set up the filters and set up flashes for each one which does work however each of the flashes are all the same color and I cant find a way to change the color again I then see that there is an action so that when records are created it highlights them I a color, however when I try to have multiple of these with different colors it always picks the last one to be added, query is also very clunky and confusing for a user who i want them to be able to do. I can do just a normal filter but that just removes zones from the layer not add and overlay or select them, I cant really do lists because I cant figure out how to only show just one element in the list that represents an entire group that has the same element in the feature.
Is there anything I can do to make this forsaken program do what I want or am I boned?

GISDepartmentMFM_0-1683915515744.png

GISDepartmentMFM_1-1683919417305.pngGISDepartmentMFM_2-1683919505854.pngGISDepartmentMFM_3-1683919533232.png

GISDepartmentMFM_5-1683919693281.png    GISDepartmentMFM_4-1683919564415.png

Tags (1)
1 Reply
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi @GISDepartmentMFM 

Based on my understanding, you want that when select a bar on the chart, map could filter/flash the related features right? 

To do so, you will need to setup Actions. I notice you tired, but from your screenshots you didn't setup the trigger condition. So basically, the chart is a statistic result summarizing the original input. The chart output (result) is a different data as the original data input. They are not auto-bounded. But they have the same fields such as the field you used as "category field". So you will have to manually link the two dataset by setup the common field. 

WeiYing1_0-1686272867901.png

Thanks,

Wei

0 Kudos