Experience Builder for Portal Print Widget?

Jump to solution
03-16-2023 09:27 AM
Labels (1)
PlzHelp
New Contributor

Hello, 

I am using Portal version 10.9.1.  I have an app in Web App Builder that uses the printing widget.  I am trying to recreate this same app in Experience Builder but do not see any print functionality.  Is this expected?  When I log into AGOL and look at Experience Builder, there is utility services section (symbolized with a little wrench) to add printing capabilities.  Should I also see this wrench in the Portal version?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @PlzHelp 

The documentation suggests it is not yet a supported widget in ArcGIS Enterprise. There is an existing enhancement request ENH-000133272 to have this functionality in Enterprise. The status is "In Product Plan".

If you have a workaround via utility services I would use that for now

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @PlzHelp 

The documentation suggests it is not yet a supported widget in ArcGIS Enterprise. There is an existing enhancement request ENH-000133272 to have this functionality in Enterprise. The status is "In Product Plan".

If you have a workaround via utility services I would use that for now

Hope this helps

SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

The sad reality is that developers are between a rock and a hard place. ESRI deprecated WAB before EB reached parity, and the differences between developer/AGOL/Portal are maddening. I'm in the same boat with a 3.x JS API app that I decided to migrate to WAB only to find out that WAB is getting replaced by EB. My migration to WAB got most of the way to what I wanted but there were some annoyances that I now know won't get enhanced due to its replacement by EB.

I've found EB to be particularly useless in the Portal environment. I can't implement any of my desired core functionality with where it currently stands. FWIW, here is a functionality matrix ESRI published about 2 years ago which is updated over time:

Functionality Matrix for WAB vs EB

The matrix does NOT differentiate between developer / AGOL / Portal versions of EB, however.

PlzHelp
New Contributor

Thanks for your input, Steve.  Much appreciated.

0 Kudos