Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience Builder Filter Widget - Unique Values list not populating properly

2058
13
07-21-2022 01:43 PM
Labels (1)
RInfante
New Contributor III

Hello,

I've just started to have an odd issue with an app I'm building on AGOL's Experience Builder. By 'started' I mean it was working fine last week when I demo'ed it to the client but now it doesn't work anymore.

I have a filter that should allow a user to pick a specific attribute value so they can see only the applicable features in an overlay layer.

My problem is the list of unique values is no longer populating properly on desktop - the pull-down menu shows only one or two values instead of the full list of twenty or thirty it should be showing. 

See the screenshot below.

RInfante_0-1658435385453.png

The funny thing is, if I turn on Developer Tools in the Chrome Browser I'm working on (I thought maybe something had broken in the back end), the list then shows all the proper values!

RInfante_2-1658435884749.png

The filter also works properly on the mobile version I'm developing of the same app. 

Does anyone know what's going on and what a solution/workaround might be? To recap: this is on a Chrome browser, using AGOL's Experience Builder.

Any help or insight would be much appreciated. Thank you!

 

0 Kudos
13 Replies
RInfante
New Contributor III

Follow-up:

It appears that the issue isn't the Filter widget, as I tried using a Query filter and got the same issues. What I'm actually seeing is that it's the layer itself that isn't working on the related map if the app is set to use a desktop-size screen (as in my original post, small screen sizes work alright).

I realized this after I tried setting up the Filter to use the predetermined values option (where I load each one manually). What I saw is that the full list popped-up properly...but switching to different values didn't do anything...as if the layer were turned off or not there in the first place.

That's when I went back to my original map to try and see if maybe there was an issue with the layer in Map Viewer - but no, everything was working fine.

So I left the layer on by default, saved the Map, and sure enough: it wasn't showing up in the app's embedded version of the same map. I went back to playing with the developer tools and screen sizes (all while having the layer in question turned on) - and found that when the screen size dropped below 1000 pixels (and the mobile versions kicked in), the layer showed up as expected...but as soon as those 1000 pixels were exceeded and the Desktop version kicked in the layer just disappeared.

So, it appears that the app can't read that layer properly at those screen sizes. The Filter widget loaded the predetermined values only because I manually 'hardcoded' them within the app itself - but otherwise it's like it just can't connect to the layer to read the proper unique values, or even display it in the map.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this happening? The really odd thing is that this was working fine just last week! It's not like there was some sort of AGOL update that maybe have jumbled things around!

 

 

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RInfante, do you want to share the app/data with us to take a look at? That's quite interesting...if the data source hasn't been updated.

0 Kudos
Cepero_Eudel
New Contributor III

Hello, any update on this? 

I am having similar issue with the unique values list not populating properly on the Query widget. 

Below the same data and widget in Builder, to the left, and Experience to the right. 

Cepero_Eudel_0-1694115150592.png

Thank you

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@Cepero_Eudel Which environment are you on - AGOL/enterprise? And what is the version? Similar issue might relate closely to the data so it would be helpful if a sample data/app is provided.

0 Kudos
Cepero_Eudel
New Contributor III

Hello,

Thank you for answering.

Environment is AGOL, data is a feature service hosted in 10.71 ArcGIS server. Data attached.  

Noted on the Expression builder the values are listed and populated properly once moved to Live view it get stuck.  Thank you

Cepero_Eudel_0-1694183356335.png

Cepero_Eudel_1-1694183415407.png

 

 

0 Kudos
Cepero_Eudel
New Contributor III

One more thing, this is happening only with numeric fields. I try with Zip code and got the same behavior.   

The Asset ID and Zip code fields are in Long numeric format. 

Cepero_Eudel_0-1694184691291.png

 

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

I see the data is in gdb, and I am not sure if I publish it the service definition would be the same with yours. Is there a published service that you could share with us? I want to take a look at the detailed specs.

0 Kudos
Cepero_Eudel
New Contributor III

Hello, No there is not. The feature service  is in an internal ArcGIS server. I will look at the server definition as you suggested. Thank you

Cepero_Eudel
New Contributor III

Update. 

There is ESRI BUG-000161315 on this. 

Our findings. Attribute query on a map server produce an Input Geometry in the REST that is making the query to fail, see REST image. When this Input Geometry in the REST is deleted the query works. 

In addition, if you remove the “return distinct values” and keep everything the query works with all the parameters set by the Experience Builder call. See error in the database image. 

We have tested the same Attribute query in the same layer but hosted in AGOL without any problem.

0 Kudos