Experience Builder - Error in the Dev Console - Failed to parse domain

02-17-2021 08:17 AM
NataliyaLys
Occasional Contributor II

I have an experience builder application, and every time a click on the feature on the map to show a popup, in the developer console I see the error: '[esri.tasks.operations.pbfFeatureServiceParser] f {name: "query:parsing-pbf", details: {…}, message: "Failed to parse domain"}'

While the maps seems to be working fine, and shows the pop-ups as expected, I am not sure why the error is happening? I discover an error while I was trying to figure out another issue with the application. 

Here is my application: https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/3eac31fe4df34b1e80d0e1586e4ce47b

The other issue that I have is that at least a couple features in the list wouldn't get selected on the map (and wouldn't get zoomed to).  Ex 1: Landing, The TIF - 2405; Ex 2Aksarben Village Zone 5 Phase III TIF - 2340.

Appreciate any help. 

Thanks,

Nataliya

0 Kudos
10 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nataliya,

The issue seems related to the JSAPI let me check with them and I will get back to you.

Cheers,

David

Cheers,

David

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

@NataliyaLys  after talking with the JSAPI team the issue appears to be a service issue. After reviewing a query response using PBF output the domain is returning "TIF_Status" instead of JSON.  We have reported an issue with the server team to review. Does that TIF_Status name sound familiar?   

David

0 Kudos
NataliyaLys

@DavidMartinez I have a field name 'STATUS', with a TIF_Status domain assigned to it. Is this domain causing issue somehow? 

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

@NataliyaLys can you do a test and create a duplicate service and remove the domain and see if that still causes an issue?

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
NataliyaLys

@DavidMartinez I will do some testing and report back. Thank you.

0 Kudos
NataliyaLys

@DavidMartinez Here is the testing I have done:

1. Created a copy of my layers
  2. Removed the domains
  3. Published a new service (https://gis.dogis.org/arcgis/rest/services/Planning/TIF_Projects_no_domain_test/MapServer)
  4. Created a copy of my web map and app, and reconfigured them to use a new service. 
  5. There is my new app: https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/dc39317eac424edbaf7986be6bc24b91
  6. I am not getting the 'domain' errors any more (in the dev console), but the performance of the app is very slow. 
    1. there seems to be something else that is slowing it down?
    2. could it be the custom arcade expressions? 

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Where are you seeing the performance issues? Is it the popup? That seems like that is taking a while to do the query. 

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
NataliyaLys

@DavidMartinez  Yes, mostly popups - they do load slow. And I don't know if there is any ways to optimize my the popups/arcade configuration. 

Also, do you have an idea why having domains causes an issue. Is there a bug? 

Thanks,

Nataliya

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Let me look into the optimization part. In regards to the domain, I did contact the JSAPI team and we have submitted an issue with the map service team.

Cheers,

David

0 Kudos