Experience Builder Embed Widget

Jump to solution
12-17-2021 12:06 PM
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

I have an embed widget that I have set up to link to a .wav audio file. What I can't seem to figure out is that it seems to automatically play whenever the ExB page is opened, and I can't change this property. Has anyone else experienced this? Also, when I pin the Embed widget, it is visible in builder mode, but completely disappears when in live mode (yet still plays the audio file, just taunting me).

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The embed widget is basically just a "window" to something else on the internet. Because of that, the way its contents display and behave will be totally dependent upon the browser and the URL being embedded. You can embed, say, a PDF, but whether or not a "print" button appears in the PDF viewer that shows up will depend on what browser you're using.

I've got an Experience that I've embedded some audio into. Here is the preview in Edge:

jcarlson_0-1639774746716.png

And in Firefox:

jcarlson_1-1639774760702.png

Can you try using an <audio> element to see if that works any better? Switch your embed to "code" and type this:

<audio controls>
    <source src="your-audio-url">
</audio>

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The embed widget is basically just a "window" to something else on the internet. Because of that, the way its contents display and behave will be totally dependent upon the browser and the URL being embedded. You can embed, say, a PDF, but whether or not a "print" button appears in the PDF viewer that shows up will depend on what browser you're using.

I've got an Experience that I've embedded some audio into. Here is the preview in Edge:

jcarlson_0-1639774746716.png

And in Firefox:

jcarlson_1-1639774760702.png

Can you try using an <audio> element to see if that works any better? Switch your embed to "code" and type this:

<audio controls>
    <source src="your-audio-url">
</audio>

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

That actually works great, thanks for the suggestion! Now the issue is that pinning the embed widget to the top always places it underneath the header, rendering it invisible for some dumb reason. But that's another post, perhaps.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If it's pinned, just set a Y offset equal to the size of the header.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Yeah I did figure that, but then it's below the header on top of a bunch of content.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do you want it on the header? You can totally add an embed widget to the header itself.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

No, that'd be too easy. I'm building an oral history projects with one page for each interviewee. I'm embedding the full interview audio for each, so it can't be in the header because the actual audio clip needs to be different for each page.

0 Kudos