Experience Builder Doesn't Support Audio in a Feature Layer

05-04-2020 12:36 PM
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello ArcGIS Experience Builder‌ Team, 

We currently have a feature layer that has an audio file- the audio plays perfectly in web maps, the item details table, and other apps- but when it’s added to EB the audio file breaks/doesn’t play. This seems like a equivalency issue and we would really like to leverage Experience Builder for this upgraded GIS application but cannot due to this bug/limitation. I have opened a support case about this as well (Esri Case #02549075) but wanted to see if anyone from the EB team could take a look at this issue. 

Thanks!

Experience builder- doesn’t work-

Data table on items details page- works-

Webmap popup- works:

Thanks so much, 

Amanda Huber

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

ArcGIS Experience Builder‌ and Jianxia Song‌, 

This has been logged as an official defect #BUG-000130834
Please resolve this equivalency issue, it affects a product of ours planned to go live.

Thanks, 

Amanda 

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank Amanda. We will look into it.

Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Jianxia Song

Any chance this issue will be resolved in the next release of ArcGIS Online at the end of June?

This issue affects one of our projects going live to the public. 

Thanks, 

Amanda Huber

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Amanda,

Do you have the bug number associated with the case? I could not find it in the system. This seems a known limitation in JSAPI 4. Could you please give the new map viewer a try and see if it works there?

0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Jianxia Song

It was BUG-000130834 (https://my.esri.com/#/support/bugs/BUG-000130834)

I'll try the new map viewer and see if that makes a difference, but i believe this is an issue at the feature level layer with Experience Builder since I'm just pulling the hosted service into the EB (not the web map). Thoughts?

Thanks, 

Amanda

Update: I ran the test using Map Viewer Beta and there was no change, issue still persists

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Amanda,

I tried the layer in new map viewer and basic viewer template. The video in the pop up works fine. So this is something specific to Experience Builder as you mentioned. Could you please contact Support to escalate the issue?

0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Jianxia Song , 

I'm glad you were able to reproduce.

We did contact support and we did escalate the bug a month ago. 

Thanks, 

Amanda

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Great Amanda. We are looking into it.

Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Great, we really appreciate it and look forward to hearing your findings. 

0 Kudos