Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience Builder Doesn't Support Audio in a Feature Layer

05-04-2020 12:36 PM
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello ArcGIS Experience Builder‌ Team, 

We currently have a feature layer that has an audio file- the audio plays perfectly in web maps, the item details table, and other apps- but when it’s added to EB the audio file breaks/doesn’t play. This seems like a equivalency issue and we would really like to leverage Experience Builder for this upgraded GIS application but cannot due to this bug/limitation. I have opened a support case about this as well (Esri Case #02549075) but wanted to see if anyone from the EB team could take a look at this issue. 

Thanks!

Experience builder- doesn’t work-

Data table on items details page- works-

Webmap popup- works:

Thanks so much, 

Amanda Huber

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

This issue will be fixed in the upcoming update.Thanks for the following up Amanda.

Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Jianxia Song‌, 

Great to hear! Will this be in the June 30th ArcGIS Online update then?

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, the fix will be in the June 30th update.

Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Great to hear, we can't wait to see it. Thanks for all your communication!

Best, 

Amanda

0 Kudos
DanielleMahon
New Contributor

Hi there,

I am trying to add an .mp3 file as a feature layer for the "embed" widget in Experience Builder to pull. Is this possible? I'd like to know if there is a work around, please. Thanks!

LayerItOn
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Amanda__Huber, how were you able to get the audio player in your webmap? Is it embedded using the pop-up editor?

I have a feature layer with audio attachments. I would love those to play with an audio player right in the popup instead of opening on a separate web browser page when clicked on. 

Do you have sample code? Thank you in advanced! 

0 Kudos
LayerItOn
Occasional Contributor

Update: html embed from google drive is no longer supported by google. 

Original Comment:

Got it to work within a text column in ArcGIS pro: 

<audio class="player" controls preload="none">
<source src="https://drive.google.com/uc?export=open&id=17zlUkdLsKMNOaqVJJwn0SPK8hd_RHgox" type="audio/mp3">
</audio>

0 Kudos