Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience builder displaying map at the wrong scale?

12-19-2023 09:05 AM
pheersink
New Contributor

I am working on creating a vector tile cache and am having trouble with features appearing at the correct standard Esri/Bing/Google map scales. During my investigations into the issue I've noticed that the scale at which a map is displayed in Experience Builder is significantly different from how it appears in dashboard or in ArcGIS Pro. 

This is problematic because the vector tile cache is created to show features at specific scales and I believe that the apps are interpreting what to display based on their own calculations as to what scale is being displayed (I'm just guessing here, of course).

Attached are a couple of comparisons, one for 36M and one for 73M. You'll notice that all but the Experience builder panel show approximately the same scale. Experience builder panel shows the map at a slightly smaller scale. 

Has anyone experienced this or can anyone shed any insight into this? 

36M.PNG73M.PNG

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jkink
by
New Contributor II

What version of experience builder are you using? Or is this in AGOL?

I'm experiencing a similar issue, but with a custom tile cache. In Experience Builder on Portal 10.9.1 it works just fine. However when creating the same applications in Experience Builder Developer Edition 1.12, the zoom levels don't match our tiling scheme.

I thought maybe it was due to using a custom tile cache, but I see you're having issues as well even with the standard Esri/Bing/Google scales.

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi there, the map extent issue is difficult to pinpoint just by looking at it. It would be better to reach out to Esri Support if you are still seeing the same issue. Thanks for brining this up.

0 Kudos