Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience Builder Developer Edition - Fail to Import App Error

11-11-2022 06:15 PM
SArcher
New Contributor III

I am trying to Import my app (from AGOL account) in EB Dev Ed but I am receiving error "Failed to import the app" after selecting the app. I have completed these steps:

1. downloaded and extracted the latest Developer Ed & Nodes Cache releases (1.9) to my local drive

2. entered the local file directory followed by "npm ci" then "npm start" in the Command Prompt for both Client and Server files

3. https://localhost:3001/ and signed in

I have done this process before so I know this should work. I have also experienced this issue before but it was resolved after using latest release. I even tried clearing my cache without luck.

Please Help!!

8 Replies
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

In case it helps anyone, I had the same issue and it turns out I was not on the latest version. Used the latest and now it works.

0 Kudos
SArcher
New Contributor III

You are correct. The latest EB Dev Ed version was recently released on 11/30 to 1.10. At the time, they had not updated Dev Ed but EB had already been updated to the latest. Now Dev Ed and EB have the same and latest 1.10 release versions. So, now I am able to Import. 🙂

It would be nice if they could update the builds at the same time so there are no interruptions in flow again and indicate somewhere, for others to know, these errors may occur/solutions.

0 Kudos
RachappaBellappa1
New Contributor III

Same issue for me AGS Enterprise Version - 1.10, Dev Edition 1.10 but when i try to import the app it gives me this error app can only be imported by users of portal. I even tried importing on 1.12 but that didn't work. Any thoughts?

@AlixVezina @GelisaJoseph 

RachappaBellappa1_0-1708112047155.png

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

cc @DanJiang 

0 Kudos
AnderFernandezVega
New Contributor

I have found myself in the same situation, an application that was targeting STG environment layers, I had to change it to the final environment.

At first when importing the zip I got the same error, but to solve it and get the application imported I modified the configuration files cdn/X/config.json and cdn/X/resources/config/config.json in the portalUrl attributes, changing it to the portal that was correct for this environment.

I also tried to change the references of the webmaps I was using, but that didn't work. I had to make those changes on the app imported with the Experience interface.

0 Kudos
TianWen
Esri Contributor

@RachappaBellappa1 The application you're trying to import is sourced from a different portal than your current logged-in account. Please note that app imports are limited to those within your organization. Please refer to the doc https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/guide/import-apps-or-templates/ .

0 Kudos
RachappaBellappa1
New Contributor III

@TianWen - Thanks for the response, so this is what i am trying to do

a) We have out app in DEV portal

b) Downloaded that app and trying to import that app on to TEST portal using developer edition

c) Tried AGO assistant tool to migrate across envs but it doesn't allow to copy the Exp Builder Apps

So what's the feasible solution to do this?

0 Kudos
TianWen
Esri Contributor

@RachappaBellappa1 Unfortunately, at the moment, we do not support cross-portal migration as potential unforeseen issues may arise in such scenarios.

0 Kudos