Experience Builder Chart - Bugs and Feature Request

04-27-2021 01:28 PM
Labels (1)
Jayne
by
New Contributor

I'm really excited about the new chart feature in Experience Builder! But I am running into problems with them that I believe are bugs. I have several bar charts in different views/sections. All showing very similar data just grouped by theme. Each one is set up exactly the same way and should behave the same way, but I'm finding 2 issues:

1. I set the color of the bar symbol in the builder (for example a dark blue) to the same color in all of the charts. But when I view the preview/published version some of the charts arbitrarily decide to use a different, light blue. I've even reset all the colors to the default thinking that maybe it could be an issue with the custom color but the default is not even the same color? 

2. In the preview/published version Some of the charts will randomly glitch out and just show the text smashed together along the axis (see screenshots). This seems very random and it happens to different charts at different times. Sometimes re-loading the app fixes it or a new chart will be glitched out. 

And I have two feature requests:

1. Default font for the chart is Arial but the Experience Builder "default" is Avenir Next. It's a pain to change all the fonts for all the labels/charts to match the rest, it should just use the same as the rest of the app by default.

2. I would like to be able to re-name the category labels for the charts to be more friendly. The underlying data has short truncated names with underscores. I don't want to change the underlying data, just how it is presented to the user. For example, I have a bar called "iscore_wo_" but I'd like it to say "Without Broadband" in my chart.

12 Replies
bdewitt_olsson
New Contributor III

Excellent, I'll be looking forward to testing it out again. When will the 10.1 release be coming out?

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

It is planned to be released on March 22/ 2022

0 Kudos
Jennifer_Parmeley
New Contributor III

I'm still having the color issue. I'm in an enterprise environment, would that matter? 

Jennifer_Parmeley_0-1655906263183.png

(sorry about the black - this isn't public data yet)

0 Kudos