Experience Builder - Bookmark Widget

01-28-2021 08:49 AM
Labels (1)
rarku
by
New Contributor II

I have an issue, and would appreciate if anyone can assist. I have created a web application (consisting of 2D and 3D map views) using Experience Builder. A key functionality that I would like to be included in this web app is to give users the ability to add bookmarks (of places of interest on the maps). There are no issues in the addition of bookmarks. However, the feature layers in the 2D map become invisible when the bookmark in the bookmark widget window (which records users' bookmark additions) is selected. What may be the issue, and how can I address this?

Thank you. 

11 Replies
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi @rarku 

Did you by any chance turn off the layer visibility when setting the bookmark view? Can you check the bookmark setting?
Could you share your app if possible? With the description, we cannot reproduce the problem.

0 Kudos
rarku
by
New Contributor II

Thank you for the reply. First, how do I turn the layer visibility on/off when setting the bookmark view? Also, if I define the bookmarks from my end as the developer, the layers do not turn invisible. However, the goal is to have users of the web app set their own bookmarks while using the app. That is where the issue is. The layers only turn invisible in the 2D map and not in the 3D map. I am unsure if I am permitted to share the app over the internet, as I am working on a research project. However, I can share the link over a video call or meeting, if that works with you.

0 Kudos
kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

Was anything resolved on this. I am also having this issue. I have bookmarks set up and in addition to layers disappearing (without turning them off) the legend items will also disappear within the same map moving to a different bookmark. What's even more confusing is when I go back to the first bookmark that worked, zoomed to extend, map layers showed, legend items showed....after going to another bookmark where maybe there are aren't layers in that extent (I'm showing survey data) the legend items disappear. Anyway then going back to the first bookmark my legend is blank and so are the map layers that had originally appeared. I thoroughly confused on why this is happening.

I also have noticed that if I go into the layers widget layers are turned off that had just been on in a previous bookmark extent, yet I didn't turn them off. This has to be a bug. I really liked the bookmarks, but may have to remove if it is just causing confusion to the viewers well and myself!

This is the EB with bookmark/layer widget issues.

Thanks,
Kathy

0 Kudos
rarku
by
New Contributor II

Hello Kathy,

The bookmarks are a really cool feature to include. Unfortunately, however, I was unable to resolve the issue (very disappointing). I, therefore, had to redesign my web app so as to do away with the use of bookmarks.

I hope you get some assistance.

Thanks,

Robert

0 Kudos
kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks @rarku  for the update, but so disappointing to hear. @WeiYing1  are the Experience Builder bookmarks known for current bugs with other widgets (legend/layers?).  Thanks

0 Kudos
Ramon_de_Leon
Occasional Contributor

2022 and it is still an issue (it happened after I added/deleted some layers on my web map), this is discouraging to migrating to Experience Builder, I like a lot of its modern features but still a lot of unexpected behaviors/glitches going on....

AlderMaps
Occasional Contributor

Having the same issue: all layers in map turning off when selecting a bookmark in a map other than the map in which the bookmark was created. Experience Builder in Enterprise 10.8.1.

0 Kudos
JimChapman
New Contributor

It's mid-July 2023 & this is still an issue.

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi @JimChapman , @AlderMaps , @Ramon_de_Leon @rarku 

Are you still seeing the issues in latest Experience Builder? If so we are really sorry about that.
But unfortunately I can still not repro the problem. 
Could you share more details about the how you created the bookmarks?
Or if you don't mind, I can setup a meeting with all of you to help look into your problems further. Please give me a private message if you prefer a call or meeting. 

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Wei

0 Kudos