Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience Builder (AGOL) Edit Widget Allows Delete & Add When Disabled

05-01-2024 07:26 AM
MaryEllenPerko
Occasional Contributor

Hi.  I have developed an experience builder app that edits a related (one to many) table attached to a point layer.  (Data hosted in AGOL.)  I am only editing the table through the builder.  I have disabled Add in the widget and Delete on the layer itself, yet users are able to add and delete records using the widget.  Anyone know what I am missing?

MaryEllenPerko_3-1714573555510.png

MaryEllenPerko_1-1714573282716.png

MaryEllenPerko_2-1714573435002.png

Thanks.

4 Replies
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I have the same behavior. 

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, please check out this post: Solved: Re: Removing the deleting capabilities from the Ed... - Esri Community

Let me know if your issue is different and is not resolved.

0 Kudos
MaryEllenPerko
Occasional Contributor

Hi.  It's been a few months since I had this issue.  At the time, since I only had a few users for this app we were okay with the delete enabled.  However, I'm working on another similar solution and the issue still exists. The configuration is the same as I described above - I need users to be able to update data but not add or delete data in the hosted table through the ExB app.   I am not an administrator and I've had other non-admin and non-owner accounts test it.  Access to the app and data is through a regular group, i.e. a non-shared-update type.  Delete is disabled on the hosted table, but I cannot disable Add on it because another process adds records.  Is there a configuration I'm missing or is this a bug?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MaryEllenPerko I can try to reproduce the issue on my end and share it with the team, but I would need more details. Could you please describe the different layers you are editing into more details and send complete screenshots of the widget configuration for each?

Please also share screenshots of what you see from the end-user side once the application is published and accessed by a non-admin user.

Thank you!

0 Kudos