Experience Builder Accessibility (WCAG) - List and Map Widgets

01-12-2022 11:18 AM
RonaldFraboni
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am testing my Experience Builder application for (WCAG) accessibility.  I am having issues with a couple of widgets.

For the list widget, I can tab to the tools and items in the list.  But when an item is highlighted and I hit "Enter", nothing happens (an action has been set up for the "record selection changes" trigger).  I have tried other keys as well, but nothing works.

Also, for the map widget I can tab to the Zoom and Home tools (located on the left-hand side of the map) but I cannot tab to the tools on the right side of the map (Search, Layers, Basemaps).

Is there something that I need to configure, or is accessibility lacking for these widgets?

Thanks,

Ron

3 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@RonaldFraboni The accessibility support for Experience Builder is still ongoing. That's why you will see certain places which do not meet the WCAG requirement.

0 Kudos
RossFindlayCOC
New Contributor III

Definitely looking forward to the List widget and Table Widget being keyboard friendly, specifically for making selections.

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

We have started supporting Accessibility for Experience Builder since the 2023 R02 (June) release - https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-blog/accessibility-best-practices-for-arcgis.... Feel free to give it a try and let us know if you encounter any issues.

0 Kudos