Select to view content in your preferred language

ExB: Tips and Tricks

07-25-2023 08:19 AM
Labels (2)
jmkern
by
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I attended a great session at UC called Experience Builder tips and tricks. I took a few notes but didn't write down everything I wanted to. I was hoping the session would be posted but it hasn't yet been - does anyone have better notes from this session, or access to the ExB used in the demo?

I'm especially trying to re-configure the view for no selection (i.e., where it reads something like 'loading' before dynamic content is rendered). Any help is welcome, thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
jmkern
by
New Contributor II

Also would love more info on the filter vs query widget that was covered. Thanks!

0 Kudos
BuffaloCoWI
Occasional Contributor

I just checked the UC website, and the only recorded session related to Experience Builder is "ArcGIS Experience Builder: An Introduction." However, the header does say "additional recordings will be available in August."

0 Kudos
GregKeith
Occasional Contributor III

I don't believe the 'No Selection' or 'No Data' functionality works as a placeholder until background processes complete. They're designed, as far as I can tell, to show something when data isn't selected or present. Whatever you configure under 'No Selection' will show until the user selects something.

0 Kudos
MichelleJennings1
New Contributor

Yes!  Here are my notes from that session, it's not complete, but I documented the tips/tricks useful for me:

Experience Builder Tips and Tricks

1. Copy a widget from one page to another page.  Select the widget and select keyboard control c + control v and it keeps all configurations.
  2. If I have a feature info widget, you need to select a default so it’s not empty at the beginning.  In the Data source on left, go to the layer, there is a checkbox at the bottom to turn on that allows for a view when nothing is selected.  By default it will show the features, but if you want to specify which one you want to show by clicking around there again (on bottom and  Say add to a filter and specify which one you want to show. 
  3. To fix Loading icon on Text…you can fix this, select the name go to Expression, change title to Loading… and hit Insert at the bottom.  
  4. Print Widget
  5. If you want everything in Experience (ex table and map) to respond to a selection in List, select the list, go to Actions and go to Framework to have everything change with a selection - she used filter and when it was implemented, it only showed the one value selected in the map and the one value in the table.
  6. Can make a chart or table only show query results.  In the properties of the chart, go to Output and select Query result to be in the input of this chart.
0 Kudos
jmkern
by
New Contributor II

Thank you, @MichelleJennings1! This is so helpful.

0 Kudos