Select to view content in your preferred language

ExB: Pop-ups disappearing for hosted image service

08-08-2024 09:03 AM
AnninaRupe1
Regular Contributor

I have an Experience in which I have a text and sidebar widget. The text widget is just for the title. The sidebar widget has the map in the main screen and a collapsible table that is at the bottom. I have recreated my app using ExB from a Web AppBuilder app. It had been working correctly.

The web map contains many layers with pop-ups enabled. It works correctly in the web map. However, when I open my ExB, my hosted image services pop-ups do not display.

These image services are stored on our Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer (as a COG) then shared as a web layer to our Portal. In Portal, the image service is shared with Everyone. Then, this service URL is copied and added to ArcGIS Online by "adding a new item by URL."

In my ExB app, I can turn on the image service layers and they appear in the map. If I click on the map, if there are any other layers visible, a pop-up appears. If no other layers lay on top of the image service layer, no pop-up appears. For example, I have a hosted vector layer lying on top of a hosted image layer. The pop-up appears and it shows the data for the vector layer and it states that there are two pop-ups to see. But when I click the arrow to move to the second pop-up, the whole pop-up window disappears. If I turn off the vector layer so only the image layer is displayed, no pop-up appears at all.

I can't share the map/app publicly as it has sensitive information.

22 Replies
AnninaRupe1
Regular Contributor

I feel like I'm always saying "unfortunately" BUT...
Unfortunately creating an Instant App isn't going to work in my situation. I have created an app that has a lot of different layers with bookmarks configured to show the specific layers needed for site review and update. My users are already used to this app and asking them to learn something new for an interim solution isn't something I can do. Still am looking into whether I can have a folder on the registered server that can hold a mosaic dataset. If that doesn't work, I'll probably have to double-store things for a while.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Honored Contributor

Ok thanks again for the update @TonghuiMing 

AdamGaudet
Regular Contributor

We are in the process of shifting our web map apps from Web AppBuilder to Experience Builder as Web AppBuilder is scheduled for retirement in 2025. Fortunately, we can get pixel values in the Web AppBuilder map app, so we are still keeping it online though our preference of course is to cut the cord. Again, a solution to this problem would be appreciated.

0 Kudos