Error for "No added data can be used. Please add data."

05-16-2022 12:41 PM
LisaJackson
New Contributor II

Currently, I'm working on an EB that had its maps (3 pages total) working during development.  However, the maps quite loading at some point (during the addition of multiple views for widgets and associated buttons).  I did have a span of time where all the created widgets worked just fine.  Then, the maps stopped loading on each page.  Naturally, I go to re-add them and when I do I receive a red "i" and the "No added data can be used. Please add data." errors.  The red "i" on the left simply reads as "Error" on a hover.  One ESRI community solution mentioned updating layers in the maps that were not working (there is one in one map I'm trying to use).  However, I open a blank EB and add the same map to it and the map loads just fine. 

So, I'm at a loss and hoping the community can point me in the right direction!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@LisaJackson Is it possible to share the app and some screenshots/videos? What is your environment? It could be something related to the sharing privileges of the data you're using, but I cannot say for sure without further details.

0 Kudos
LisaJackson
New Contributor II

Unfortunately, I cannot share pictures or videos (I did ask).  I can say that the data is shared either publicly or with the organization.  The maps also work fine in other experience builders (EB) and they used to when I began working on them.  So, I'm not convinced it has anything to do with the sharing privileges.  The maps DO NOT load at all in that EB.

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@LisaJackson In that case, please contact Esri Support, and the analysts should be able to do a screen sharing with you and provide reproducible steps. Thanks.

0 Kudos
LisaJackson
New Contributor II

@TonghuiMing I will reach out to Esri Support.  Is there a limit to the number of "views" that can be used in the EB?  I moved widget panes to the pending list and the map begins to work again.  

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @LisaJackson - Glad to hear that you've reached out to Esri Support. I am not aware of that nor have ever come across similar situations, as far as the views number goes. Hopefully, the support analyst could help out with the details, and then we can have clear reproducible steps.

0 Kudos
LisaJackson
New Contributor II

UPDATE:  Map layers have been resolved. 

However, the maps fail to load after adding 2-3 (custom) widget buttons.  Hoping to speak with ESRI Support this week.

0 Kudos
KeithSalmon
New Contributor II

After creating an updated Feature Layer view and adding it to an existing map, I had the problem getting the “No added data can be used. Please add data.” error message.

When I found nothing through ESRI help, I searched on Bing AI and it gave the following advice, referencing this Community report:

I'm adding this response so hopefully Bing AI will be able to add to its advice if others suffer this problem:

The error message was caused in my case, by forgetting to make set "Enable editing" in the new view layer. editable. 

0 Kudos