Select to view content in your preferred language

Elevation profile produces different results in ArcPro and Experience Builder

08-30-2024 10:44 AM
Labels (2)
AnninaRupe1
Regular Contributor

I need to produce an elevation profile in my ExB app using a custom elevation layer. I have successfully done this using the instructions to "Create a tile package for a web elevation layer" here. However, I noticed that the elevation profile graph that is created in ExB is different from the one I created in ArcPro, even though I used the same elevation and line layers. The elevations are showing correctly in Pro (a range from -0.3 ft to +1.5 ft, see first screenshot) but in ExB, they are showing as -0.85 ft to +4.81 ft (see second screenshot). It seems like even though the elevation layer elevation values are already in feet that ExB thinks they are in meters and converts them?
To make sure the units were correct, I repeated my workflow and used my own tiling scheme. The image service states that the elevations are in feet.

Any ideas on what might be happening?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @AnninaRupe1 , please check the following:

• You map spatial reference and your tiling scheme; I wonder if using WKID 102100 might be defaulting your units to meters.
  • Check the display units settings in the Elevation Profile widget, under Profile Settings.

AlixVezina_0-1725373003220.png

Otherwise, are you able to share the elevation service you're using?

0 Kudos
AnninaRupe1
Regular Contributor

@AlixVezina:

I have tried some additional troubleshooting:

• Adding the hosted image service to Pro as an elevation layer and the Elevation Profile appears as it should in Pro but still appears incorrect in ExB
  • Projecting the raster to WGS 84 Web Mercator (Auxiliary Sphere) and sharing as a web elevation layer (as in this workflow; I don't understand the difference between this workflow and this one); still appears incorrect. However, I did add the hosted elevation layer in Pro and the profile appeared the same as in ExB, albeit incorrectly (the pixel value is being converted to feet, even though it's already in feet)
0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Annina, apologies for the delay.

However, I did add the hosted elevation layer in Pro and the profile appeared the same as in ExB, albeit incorrectly (the pixel value is being converted to feet, even though it's already in feet)

That's interesting. Something must be happening when the layer is published? This would be a good question for the Arc GIS Pro or ArcGIS Online communities.

0 Kudos
AnninaRupe1
Regular Contributor

@AlixVezina:

Sorry for the delayed response; I was out of the office.
I have checked my spatial reference and it is 102711 (3424). I have also set the Profile Setting units in ExB as Feet/Miles. I have set the elevation tile cache sharing setting to Public; let me know if you can't access it. Here is the URL

Thanks,

Annina

0 Kudos