Edit widget - Snapping Settings - Possible to hide from front end?

04-02-2022 10:48 PM
Labels (1)
Marokapara
Occasional Contributor

Hi there,

In the latest update more snapping settings have been added to the front end. 

What I like about Experience Builder is the simple interface. That's why I've started using it with all my clients (who aren't GIS users) instead of WebApp Builder. The workflow is usually smoother too. When I think of the average web app user, it's someone who isn't a GIS user and needs things kept simple for them.

For me and my users, adding more options in the snapping area actually makes the tool look more intimidating for them/ confusing and it takes up real estate on the page. Is it possible to have the option to hide these features from the front end (highlighted in yellow)? If not currently, is it possible to do it soon?

Marokapara_0-1648964631266.png

It may be that other ExB builders find having the snapping option features on the front end helpful. So having the option to show or hide them could be a good compromise.

It would be interesting to hear from the ExB community to see what type of end users they are building for.

1 Reply
DaveFullerton
Occasional Contributor III

It would be great if you would submit this as an Idea:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-ideas/idb-p/arcgis-experience-builder-ideas

It would be best if the option would allow the snapping settings to be set behind the scenes in Experience Builder at design time.  We don't need users to set this stuff either.