Select to view content in your preferred language

Drop-Down Menu for Views Navigation

Jump to solution
03-13-2024 10:08 AM
MichaelDesjardins
New Contributor

Hello,

I have created  an experience builder with numerous tabs to provide maps for different variables: See here. My current views navigation is a long list of the separate tabs, but we would like to use a drop-down menu instead to save space. I can't seem to figure out how to do this in the views navigation tool.

Also, is it possible to have multiple drop-down boxes that contain views navigation for groups of variables (e.g., (1) exposures (2) outcomes). 

I appreciate any assistance.

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Instead of using the Views Navigation Widget, make links to your view. You can do this with the Button Widget or the Text Widget, either way there is an option to make a link to a view. You will need to do this for every view which will be a bit annoying, but you will have much more control over how to display these links.

JeffreyThompson2_0-1710351862703.png

If you would like to put them into a dropdown menu, here is a video explaining how to hack a Sidebar Widget to menu. https://community.esri.com/t5/experience-builder-tips-and-tricks/how-to-create-a-dropdown-menu/ta-p/...

Putting a set of links into a set of Card Widgets, then putting the cards into a Widget Controller would also be a nice navigation menu.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Instead of using the Views Navigation Widget, make links to your view. You can do this with the Button Widget or the Text Widget, either way there is an option to make a link to a view. You will need to do this for every view which will be a bit annoying, but you will have much more control over how to display these links.

JeffreyThompson2_0-1710351862703.png

If you would like to put them into a dropdown menu, here is a video explaining how to hack a Sidebar Widget to menu. https://community.esri.com/t5/experience-builder-tips-and-tricks/how-to-create-a-dropdown-menu/ta-p/...

Putting a set of links into a set of Card Widgets, then putting the cards into a Widget Controller would also be a nice navigation menu.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
JonnyRogers1
Emerging Contributor

Good afternoon! So I'm in the same situation as discussed here, and that video you linked is not available anymore.

Is there another solution content that showcases this method? I essentially would like a drop down menu for a subsection of views within a main sectional view. 

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

The dropdown hack goes something like this.

1. Add a Sidebar Widget. Set it so it opens down.
  2. In the always open side, add some explanation text for the menu.
  3. In the collapsible side, add the menu choices.
GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
CiaraMarleneKeenan
Occasional Contributor

Hello Jeffrey,

Do you mind providing a little more detail with how to turn the sidebar widget into a dropdown menu. So far all I have created are the individual buttons with links to pages in my app.

Thank you

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
CiaraMarleneKeenan
Occasional Contributor

Thank you!

0 Kudos
MichaelDesjardins
New Contributor

Hi Jeffrey,

This is great, I appreciate your prompt support. Seems like this will work! Will accept as solution once complete.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos