Select to view content in your preferred language

Drawings in Draw widget disappearing

3 weeks ago
Labels (1)
DanCopKac
New Contributor II

When using the Draw widget, and having drawings within the ExB app, if I try to drag the browser window to another screen, and in the process the screen gets resized, all of my drawings disappear. Is this a bug or intended behaviour? 

I'm trying to migrate our apps from WAB to ExB and noticed that the same doesn't happen in WAB. All the drawings continue to be preserved when dragging the window or resizing it. 

Together with being unable to customize scale bars or add additional scale bars in ExB, and the Draw widget not having a dedicated text functionality, it has been more than a frustrating endeavour trying to migrate apps from WAB to ExB. We are a major NA railway and it's really not a good look for our GIS dept trying to sway corporate managers and upgrade the organization to ExB. 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
DanCopKac
New Contributor II

Thanks, you guys might want to take some cues from Robert's draw widget, pretty sure all the code is freely available. I don't know too much but he used to be a prominent member of this community.

I believe he's retired now, but his custom draw widget was released about 2.5 years ago and it doesn't erase drawings when resizing the screen, and it also has text support. 

0 Kudos