Select to view content in your preferred language

Attributes in Table Widget vs. Pop-Up "View in Table" Attribute View

04-05-2024 02:32 PM
COwens
by
New Contributor II

Has anyone else noticed there's a difference in how attribute data are viewed in the table widget and is determined by how you got to the table widget?

I have the table widget active in one of my web experiences and if I am interacting with the map and click on a feature, the pop-up window shows up and on the top left corner of the pop-up shows an "actions" button.  Clicking on that button gives the option to "view in table".  My table widget then shows up on the screen, but the attribute data that is connected to a domain will show the code instead of the description... (also in this table for some reason I think Object ID displays even if it wasn't a column that was turned on in the table widget)

However, if I just open the table and look at selected data, the attributes show up as expected (showing domain descriptions instead of codes)... also Object ID column is not shown.

Is there a way to fix that (or show domain descriptions instead of codes)?  Can I just turn "off" the option in the pop-up action button to "view in table"?

And on another note, is there a way to turn off editing the attributes in the table widget?

Thank you everyone for your help and consideration. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Hi @COwens,

I see two issues in your post:

1. The coded values are displayed instead of descriptions in the table
2. The extra objectid field appears in the table

We are aware of the first issue and are currently working on a fix, which will be available in future releases.

The extra objectid field is intentional. Pop-ups may not contain all the fields from the layer, but the table view fetches all fields except a few insignificant ones, and `objectid` is not excluded. For instance, a layer might have 10 fields, but only 2 are configured to show in the pop-ups. However, the table view will display all 10 fields. Since users cannot configure which fields to include for runtime-generated layers, we include all fields to accommodate as many use cases as possible.

You can go to the Actions tab of Map widgets to uncheck View in Table, then you won't see this option from map pop-ups.

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 11.15.36.png

Shen Zhang
0 Kudos
COwens
by
New Contributor II

Thank you very much for your answer and help!

Also, is there a way to turn off editing the attributes in the table widget?  Or it that because editing is turned on for the hosted feature?

0 Kudos
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Yes, you can turn off editing in Customize mode. If you don't see this option meaning the layer doesn't allow editing. You cannot turn off editing in Use layer settings mode.

Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 10.32.06.png

Shen Zhang
0 Kudos