Select to view content in your preferred language

Draw Widget - Undo Button Does Not Work as Expected

Jump to solution
12-13-2023 10:44 AM
Labels (1)
WorcesterGTSS
New Contributor III

I've noticed in the Experience Builder Draw widget in AGOL that the Undo button remains grayed out after I've drawn shapes. The only time I've noticed the Undo button is active is when I am actually drawing a shape. If I click on the undo button at that time it will remove the shape I'm drawing.

Is what I'm seeing the expected behavior?

In the Markup tool in Web App Builder, the Undo button is active after I draw a shape.

In Experience Builder, Undo is not active after creating shapes in the Draw widget.In Experience Builder, Undo is not active after creating shapes in the Draw widget.In Web App Builder, the Undo button is active after creating a shape in the Markup widget.In Web App Builder, the Undo button is active after creating a shape in the Markup widget.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@WorcesterGTSS - Yes, you are seeing the expected behavior.

In ExB drawing, the redo/undo is for modifying the drawings (add/delete/edit/...), so it will be greyed out until there is something to redo/undo.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@WorcesterGTSS - Yes, you are seeing the expected behavior.

In ExB drawing, the redo/undo is for modifying the drawings (add/delete/edit/...), so it will be greyed out until there is something to redo/undo.

0 Kudos
Ashley_Snyder
New Contributor II

The draw tools are not as intuitive as they should be. The undo/redo button only works on the line/polygon you are currently drawing to remove an unwanted vertex. Once you complete it, you have to use the select tool to delete a single drawn item, or the clear all tool to delete everything you drew.

0 Kudos
DanCopKac
New Contributor II

@Ashley_Snyder I don't know if you should really be complaining about intuitiveness with the draw widget... Wait till you try labelling your drawings... (someone please tell me how to label my drawings!) or find out that all drawings are erased when you drag the browser window to another screen... or the lack of persistent drawings or a drawings list as was in WAB...

0 Kudos