Select to view content in your preferred language

Download data from embedded Dashboard does not work in Experience Builder

Jump to solution
11-23-2023 04:58 PM
SummerKoszti
Emerging Contributor

Kia Ora Team, 

I created a couple of products using Experience Builder a couple of months ago. I embedded dashboards that enabled users to download data from a list. These as of three weeks ago seemed to work as expected. Fast forward to this week, this does not work. 

I tested the download data function in the dashboards (outside of EB) and these work. It just when I try doing this from the embedded dashboards within EB.

This is what I get (it is the never ending loading page) - in both Chrome and Edge. 

SummerKoszti_0-1700787303090.png

Any ideas?

Thanks

Summer 😎

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeWaters
Emerging Contributor

The embedded download function from a Dashboard is not working for me either. Can confirm the download works when accessing the Dashboard directly, but not once it's in an Experience Builder app.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Grant-S-Carroll
Esri Contributor

Kia Ora Summer.

It's difficult to tell based on the screenshot, but its likely that there is an error logged in the browser console.

Can you do the following,

1. Right click on the window that has loaded (or not) the one with the loading symbol.

2. Click on the Inspect button

GrantSCarroll_0-1700789982337.png

3. Select the Console tab, and look for any errors.

GrantSCarroll_1-1700790041058.png

4. If you can screen shot them and reply to this, then I might be able to help.

Nga Mihi

Grant

0 Kudos
SummerKoszti
Emerging Contributor

Hi Grant, 

This is what comes back:

SummerKoszti_1-1700798374019.png

and it looks like the other one has nothing coming up now (waiting 10 mins). 

Thanks 😊

0 Kudos
Grant-S-Carroll
Esri Contributor

Ok, not much there, can you check the network tab, and scroll to the bottom of the page?

0 Kudos
SummerKoszti
Emerging Contributor

... nothing... 

SummerKoszti_1-1700799605088.png

0 Kudos
Rebecca_LiljaFS
Occasional Contributor

Has there been any progress on this?  I am having the same issues.

I see that downloading dashboard data is now available in StoryMaps: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-storymaps-questions/downloading-data-from-embedded-dashboard-ap...

Is the team working on this for Experience Builder?

AlisonMcNally
New Contributor

Several months ago, there was an option to download data from a map in Experience Builder, but now that function is gone or broken - is this a bug, or is the option now gone?  I got a message that said No Available Actions when I clicked on the ellipses to download.  I followed the directions on this page, but it didn't help: https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/problem-the-option-to-export-data-from-widgets-is-unav... 

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks in advance

JoeWaters
Emerging Contributor

The embedded download function from a Dashboard is not working for me either. Can confirm the download works when accessing the Dashboard directly, but not once it's in an Experience Builder app.

0 Kudos
Rebecca_LiljaFS
Occasional Contributor

I reported thus bug, and this is the current workaround.

Add a Button widget in ArcGIS Experience Builder and hyperlink the dashboard to enable the table to be downloaded from the dashboard.

https://support.esri.com/en-us/bug/the-data-download-fails-when-downloading-from-arcgis-da-bug-00016...

0 Kudos
TaressaNield
New Contributor

This workaround isn't working for me. I have an experience builder where I have hyperlinked 5 dashboards using button widgets and still can't download, but if I go into the dashboard itself outside of the experience builder, I can use the download function. Thank you for reporting the bug! Hopefully there is another workaround someone can come up with!

0 Kudos