Do charts support dates as a category?

11-23-2021 09:14 PM
Labels (1)
DaleHarris3
New Contributor

When I add a chart and connect to the data I can only select text fields as a category at the moment:

DaleHarris3_1-1637730760746.png

When I look to filter the data I can definitely see the date field:

DaleHarris3_0-1637730742058.png

16 Replies
TimConfare2
New Contributor III

I am wondering the same thing.  Did you ever get an answer to this?

DaleHarris3
New Contributor

No I haven't heard anything yet. 

AllenScully2
New Contributor III

Same question, just posted (sorry, didn't see this post) - 

Very frustrating, but will reply here if I learn anything through my post. 

jamootzorg
New Contributor

I have the same issue. It is a very non-sensical issue and frustrating that there is no response from ESRI. Dates and times are a common category used in charts. They are available in the ArcGIS Dashboards charts. I am simply trying to duplicate an ArcGIS Dashboard in Experience Builder so I can have some control over the responsiveness of the layout on the smaller screens. Unable to duplicate even the simplest of charts with this issue.

dan-es
by
New Contributor

I am in the same frustrating position of duplicating functionality from Dashboards into an Experience Builder project. Esri seems to always focus on the fringe benefit kinds of enhancements in their product releases, but they often miss the basics, while we wait years for implementation.

JavierMadoz1
New Contributor III

One more person asking about this improvement. Same situation as the previous post.
It seems that serial charts do not use dates. It would be great if someone from ESRI could let us know if we can expect this improvement. Thanks a lot.

DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

Same issue here. Very frustrating.

WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hello,

In the current released version, unfortunately chart does not support date field. 

However, in the coming June ArcGIS online release, it will be supported. 
To be noted, in bar/column chart, you can select the date as category field, but it will be treated as string, no further time setting. But line/area chart which is good for showing trending, will further support time binning setting, such as specific time interval setting. 

Thanks

sofoo
by
Occasional Contributor

Ah this is great news!!

0 Kudos