Select to view content in your preferred language

Display results from Survey123 Text Question in ExB

Thursday
emoreno
New Contributor III

Hello ESRI community!

I have a Survey123 with a text question that I would like to display the responses to in an Experience. The issue is that I'm not sure of the best widget to use for this. I've tried investigating Charts, Lists, etc. but do not know what would be best in this scenario. Does anyone have suggestions as to how I can best display the results? Any ideas are appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What widget to use will depend on what the data looks like and what you want to do with it. Are you just looking to show the most common responses? Common words across responses?

Experience Builder charts are pretty limited to what they can do, but for something simple like showing counts per category, it's fine. If you want to pull apart the data more, you'll probably need to use a Data Expression in a dashboard.

Can you give some samples of the data?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
emoreno
New Contributor III

This is an evaluations survey that we will send to different teams in our company. I have data views set up so that I can filter the data I display on each ExB section based on a question that asks the surveyee what team they are in. I only expect about 5-10 responses from each team on this text question, and ideally I would like to put all of those 5-10 responses on its own page in the ExB to show to our executives all of those teams responses.  

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I would suggest setting up a select_one question with the different teams listed as options. That will help keep the text entry consistent, and then a chart can just show a count per team choice.

If you want to show individual responses per team, then use a List widget with linked text widgets that can filter based on the team choice.

I would still suggest a Dashboard at this point, though, since a dashboard List can have variable item heights that adapt to the length of the text being shown, whereas EB lists will make all items the same height, generally leading to either clipped text or wasted space.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos