De-mystify Experience Builder URL parameters

Jump to solution
09-24-2020 01:22 PM
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

When I navigate to different features in Experience Builder I see a URL that (apparently) includes some identifier related to either the feature I've clicked on or maybe the location.  Can anyone de-mystify the RED part of the Experience Builder URL below?  Maybe Jianxia Song‌?

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/2fe9e44b691a4e32a9f0b84df16531c0?data_id=dataSource_3-Elect... 

Obviously, what I'd like to do is be able to build URL strings to be able to direct users from an external web page to a specific location/feature within Experience Builder.

However, even though this portion of the URL appears to change as you navigate to different features/locations, it doesn't APPEAR to do anything at all if you past the whole URL into a new browser tab.  

Thanks,

Jay

Jay
Washoe County GIS
Tags (2)
48 Replies
ForrestSherman2
New Contributor
0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@ForrestSherman2 The app above does not seem shared publicly. Could you do the followings:
1. Make sure where clause is correct. When a value is type of String, use single quote.
2. In the browser console, type _appState.appConfig.widgets['widget_34'].useDataSources[0].dataSourceId to get the data source ID. here, widget_34 is an instance of the filter widget. 
Jianxia_0-1668807022869.jpeg

0 Kudos
MarkEastwood
Occasional Contributor II

@Jianxia - Is there any way to zoom to the filtered records in Experience Builder using URL parameters? 

JoabelBarbieri

Hi. I'm also struggling to replicate my WAB portals using EB. For instance. I have a script that sends out a link to the web map with coordinates to open WAB Map centered in a coordinate. In WAB it's easy, just passing the parameter &center=-93.75767223%2C30.89139665&level=14

How do I implement this same thing in EB? Please help

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Support for the app url parameters interaction with the map is slated to Q1 2024, including defining the scale, scale level, center at, query features, etc. 

AlejandroMari1
Occasional Contributor

@Jianxia , will there be an option not to show any url parameters and have just the base url display?

JoabelBarbieri

Waiting anxiously for url parameters for coordinates. I really hope it's Q1 24 and not postponed again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@JoabelBarbieri , Currently it is on the track to be available in Q1 2024.

JoabelBarbieri

Thanks. It seems now in March 2024 it's available but I couldn't make it work. Documentation is very poor. We need more examples and a ArcBlog post about it. Thank you