DataSourceComponent doesn't switch to POST queries automatically??!!?

Jump to solution
07-12-2022 03:19 PM
DougLogsdon2
New Contributor III

This one has me stumped. I'm trying to execute a spatial query using a Polygon. However, setting the query parameter on <DataSourceComponent/> with a Polygon truncates the geometry resulting in an error (because it uses GET). I can confirm that using a shortened query string by inputting an Extent geometry does work

I'm not working with very complicated Polygons (1-ring, 56-vertices). Has anybody had this issue before or come across a workaround?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanJiang
Esri Contributor

Hi @DougLogsdon2,

I am afraid that we don't support switching to POST automatically currently. I think your point is reasonable and we will consider it as a further enhancement.   One workaround now is to add the service to a web map and use the feature layer data source under the map data source instead, which will switch to POST and won't cut long requests. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanJiang
Esri Contributor

Hi @DougLogsdon2,

I am afraid that we don't support switching to POST automatically currently. I think your point is reasonable and we will consider it as a further enhancement.   One workaround now is to add the service to a web map and use the feature layer data source under the map data source instead, which will switch to POST and won't cut long requests. 

DougLogsdon2
New Contributor III

@DanJiang,

YES! That's a creative workaround! I can confirm, its doing exactly what I needed.

Thanks, again.

0 Kudos