Select to view content in your preferred language

Customize image widget linked to attachments "background" when nothing selected?

Jump to solution
08-17-2023 08:09 AM
Labels (1)
Mark_Johnson
Occasional Contributor

Experimenting with EB on Enterprise 10.9.1. Configured an image widget to display attachments when a feature is selected in the map or table. When nothing is selected (like on initial loading), is there a way to customize it so that gray mountain thing isn't shown? I'd like to have a "photos will display here" message either by configuring the widget or adding a text widget behind it that "disappears" when a record with attachments is selected.

Mark_Johnson_0-1692282221078.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Mark_Johnson 

Similar with https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/text-dynamic-content-selected-how-...

It is possible to set the 'empty selection' in the data source panel, so it will show a placeholder image from a certain field. However, currently, we do not have the option to add customized warning text.

We will evaluate this as a potential enhancement. In the meantime, feel free to post it in the Ideas channel.

Thanks,

Tonghui

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Mark_Johnson 

Similar with https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/text-dynamic-content-selected-how-...

It is possible to set the 'empty selection' in the data source panel, so it will show a placeholder image from a certain field. However, currently, we do not have the option to add customized warning text.

We will evaluate this as a potential enhancement. In the meantime, feel free to post it in the Ideas channel.

Thanks,

Tonghui

0 Kudos
Mark_Johnson
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply, I was able to find the "View for empty selection" option. I don't understand how it works, but as a test I set it to a random record in my data and that record's attachment displays when nothing's selected. So adding a "dummy" record to the data with a "photos display here" attachment could be a workaround, although purposely introducing bad data is not something I'm going to do at this point just to make an app work.

0 Kudos